Monday, February 9, 2009

Dr Apointment Update

Good evening. I just got home, well not even home-im at my parents house. We got home around 2:30 (keep in mind my apointment was 10:00-2 hrs away.) i went to work at 3 and then went to eat dinner at 6 and then to the movies at 7 (to see pink panther-pretty funny) now we're here at my parents and im sooo sleepy though!!! Okay-now about the dr apointment. I really like the nurse i spoke with. she is very nice and said-We WILL get you pregnant! lol. She discussed my history and what id like to do and then she told me about a clinical trial. its for a patch instead of the injections. im all for it, BUT id have 10 apointments in 30 days and i have to travel 2 hrs away.. miss work.. and use gas. they pay you $500 but its not worth it to me. You may or may not get the placebo... so i dont know. She did blood work bc she was upset that the old RE didnt redo the prolactin after putting me on meds for it. (which is understandable) she also wanted to check everything else since its been a while... which is fine. she did an internal ultrasound and said that the "cysts" dont look like cysts to her. she said that my ovaries looked multi follicular.. whatever that meant-lol. she said cysts are usually all under 5mm.. and are in a ring arond the ovary (like a pearl necklace) mine are all about 7-8mm and are scattered. so she thinks that they are follies that just dont grow-which is def possible. i also had a 14mm follie on my right ovary (The one w/ the blocked tube) i said, well.. my tube is blocked so it doesnt matter and she told me that the left tube can catch the egg!!! i didnt know that! wow :) lol. Also, i asked about my progesterone levels.. and she said that i got them tested on the wrong dates. she said i got them tested on cd 21 and not 7dpo like i should have been doing (which is truth) she said that if i were to have gotten them checked at 7dpo then they would have been at good levels.. hmm. she was getting very mad at the other drs. She told me more about that trial and if i wanted to do it or not.. i told her id talk to travis about it. i dont think im going to do it though. I will just like to move on with things. lol. I will then be doing either a higher dose of femara and an added drug w/ that (she didnt say which) or injections. we'll see what dr parker says 2 weeks from now. (my next apt is Feb 23) She is supposed to call w/ the test results and im going to tell her my decision about the trial and to see if travis needs to come for the repeat SA. she said my bmi was just right (bc im big boned-lol) and there wasnt a problem w/ trav's SA. just the motility and that was most likely due to the fever, but dr parker may want to re-order one. I forgot to ask about the meds and the prior approval stuff. i guess i will see what dr parker wants to put me on first. i dunno. Well, that's me in a nutshell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment