Monday, August 16, 2010

egg retreval and IUI

Good afternoon, this will be really quick bc Im still groggy. Lets see.

I took my Valium, 2 Tylenol 3's and antibiotic at 6:45 this morn. I got the dr at 7:45 and Trav was taken back to his room where he did his business. I got back into the room and they washed and washed my cervix, he numbed the area w/ a local so I wouldnt feel anything-HA! Then they inserted a vaginal ultrasound probe w/ a needle thing on the end of it. He punctured all the follicles and aspirated them. He only got 3 eggs to be frozen. We had 6 total and he left the other 3 for the iui. I had seen more on there that looked fairly good size that he didnt aspirate. the needle he used wasnt the same needle that is used in IVF retreval so this was a smaller needle and it was harder to puncture the follicle. he said that there may be about 4-5 follies that were left, instead of 3. I asked him about only getting 3 eggs to freeze and he said that was still good. he said that sometimes that indicates that they did the aspiration too early (after the hcg). But he said that having 3 to freeze is good. So i will take is word on it. what keeps me sane is the fact that 3 women who have done this same procedure have gotten preg w/ the iui portion bc taking the extra follies away has helped. so that's a good thing and keeps me sane :) That's about all. I am to start the progesterone supplements twice a day starting tomorrow. Im resting and drinking as much fluids as i can. i had a cath so it hurts really bad to urinate. :(

that's about all. I will catch up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment