Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Infertility?

What is infertility?

I read somthing the other day that asked that same question. The Websters definition of infertility is this....

not fertile; unproductive; sterile; barren: infertile soil.


Medically, Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex for at least a year.


What do you personally think infertility means?

For me, infertility is...

crying over and over again bc you get your period.

worrying bc you havent started a period, yet you have negative pregnancy tests

having the most personal details of your life looked at, charted, and talked about with complete strangers

3 years of the same thing over and over again, with no end result

Praying that one day, when you go to a follicle scan, that a baby will "magically" appear.

Learning funky new acronyms, such as LAP, IVF, IUI, ENDO, PCOS, CM, BD

Knowing that there are soo many different types of medications. Metformin, Clomid, Femara, Dostinex, Novarel, Gonal F, Follistim, Menopur, Bravelle

Infertility is defined by sooo much more, but for me-i choice it not to define me. Infertility may be somthing i have, but its not me. I will not let it get me down. GOd will bless me soon enough, and in the mean time-I just pray and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment